Sign In / Sign Out
Navigation for Entire University
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
POS 484 is not a traditional course. So, what is an internship? What will you do in this course? This course is designed to help you with “hands on” real world experience. Are you meant to work in politics or for a political organization? Is a governmental job for you, or maybe a think tank? By completing an internship you should be able to answer these questions more definitively. This course helps you prepare for the full-time job of finding a job!
Click “here” to view a flow chart of the POS 484 internship experience.
Students are encouraged to seek out and research different internship opportunities on their own. All paperwork and final approval must go through Dr. Woodall before the student begins the internship. If you want to find an internship or job that is just right for you, register with ASU Career and Professional Development Services. Click here to get started using "Handshake".
Follow the Political Science Internship Facebook page for the most recent internship opportunities.
These deadlines are the absolute latest a student may register for POS 484 credit.
To apply for POS 484 credit, follow these steps: (please keep in mind that you only follow these steps if you *have* an internship lined up. If you do not have a secure internship yet, please talk to an academic advisor and/or Dr. Woodall on how to secure an internship).
1) Login HERE to your ASU Handshake account with your ASURITE ID and password.
2) Click on “Career Center”
3) Click on “Experiences”
4) Click on “Request an Experience”
5) Select the following “Experience Type” from the dropdown list: Political Science Internship POS 484
6) Once you submit the form, it will be routed to Dr. Woodall who will review your request.
7) Your Supervisor will submit an electronic approval that is routed to Dr. Woodall. If denied by your Supervisor, you will be contacted by Dr. Woodall.
8) Once approved by all parties, Dr. Woodall will be in touch regarding next steps and how to enroll in POS 484.